Thursday 30 August 2012

Furniture, Floors and Fancy Things

This is H painting one of my dolls house chairs.
H painted my cot a lovely blue.
This is the kitchen and Baby's room so far.
I wanted to do tiles on the kitchen floor. We found some lovely cardboard squares with flowers and grapes on them and glued them to the floor. When the glue was dry, we varnished it. I chose two of the squares that look like pictures, and stuck them to the wall, with sunflower stickers as hooks.
This is the baby's room. I stuck a border of pretty blue elephants along one wall and some little borders along the walls by the doorway. I decorated the cot with pink flowers and stuck 3 pictures of baby clothes on the wall at the back.
This is the whole house so far. We are doing well!
We painted the table white, and stuck some flowery paper to the top. When it was dry, we varnished it, so the paper wouldn't peel off.
We painted the chair white, and I used some fabric and a little bit of wadding to make a cushion for it. I made a candle by poking a paintbrush guard into a big bead, and gluing a little orange bead on the top. Mummy showed me how to make a beaded lampshade, because the wooden one had broken off the top of the lamp. We varnished the lamp.
We think the living room is looking good already!

No comments:

Post a Comment